The Recreation Vehicle Industry Association commissioned an Economic Impact Study on the RV industry, released on June 7, 2016. The study found that the RV industry contributes about $49.7 billion in economic output or 0.28 percent of the Gross Domestic Product. Through its production and distribution linkages, the industry impacts firms in 426 of the 440 sectors of the United States economy.
Nationwide, the industry is responsible for 216,170 jobs, both directly and inderectly, creating an economic impact of $37.5 billion. The full study results, along with each individual state and congressional district's economic impact is available on the website by clicking here .
Wed Sep 13, 2017
Elkhart, Ind. — Lippert Components, Inc. has announced plans to unveil several new chassis and body products at the 2017 Elkhart RV Open House.
To schedule a tour, contact your LCI Aftermarket Sales Representative or email email@example.com for the opportunity to learn more about the company, its products, training and customer support. Details regarding the three tour locations can be found at the end of this article.
LCI’s latest product innovations will be displayed during the 2017 Elkhart RV Open House on a variety of 2018 model units. Chassis and other related products on display will include:
• Ground Control TT - The RV industry’s first-ever automatic leveling system designed for travel trailers. Ground Control TT, first introduced at the 2016 Open House, will be displayed on 2018 Keystone model units, including Sprinter, Laredo and Cougar; Dutchmen’s Aerolite and Kodiak units; Forest River Rockwood, Flagstaff, Palomino, Work & Play and XLR Nitro; and KZ Spree, Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve models.
• SolidStep - The no bounce step is the most stable and secure RV entry step that LCI has ever brought to the market. Its patent-pending design permits easy stowing within the entry door opening and features an extra wide top tread for easier ingress and egress. SolidStep will be displayed on the several 2018 Grand Design, Keystone, Forest River, Winnebago, Heartland North Trail, Recreation By Design, Crossroads and Dutchmen models.
• Smart Jack - The Smart Jack features brand new tongue jack capabilities that make the process much easier for RV owners. With easy-to-use auto-retract and hitch height memory features, the Smart Jack extends and retracts the jack to towing height without having to hold down the switch. The Smart Jack will be displayed on select 2018 Forest River, Winnebago, Travel Lite Falcon, Lance Camper, Liberty Outdoors and Genesis Supreme models.
• Turning Point pin box - The new, sleek design of the Turning Point pin box provides for 90 degree turning radiuses in short bed, half-ton pickup trucks by moving the pivot point back toward the RV 22 inches. Rated for units 16,000 GVWR and under. The Turning Point pin box can be seen on 2018 Grand Design Reflection, Highland Ridge Lite and Forest River Artic Wolf models.
• Jack-It - The Jack-It is a double bike carrier that has been designed to sit atop the trailer’s coupler so RVers can actually see their bikes from their rearview mirror as they drive. This new product also works in tandem with the Smart Jack, sliding over top of the jack to allow for full functionality while hauling bikes. The Jack-It will be displayed on select 2018 Forest River, Jayco, Winnebago, Highland Ridge and Liberty Outdoors models.
• Flow Max H20 fresh water pumps - With an industry leading pressure and gallons per minute, the Flow Max fresh water pump is a highly-functioning fresh water alternative. The Flow Max will be displayed on select 2018 Grand Design models, Forest River, Jayco, Winnebago, Highland Ridge, Travel Lite, All RV and Liberty Outdoors models.
LCI has also announced plans to offer tours at three of LCI’s facilities during Open House week, Sept. 18 – 22.
1. Marketing & Design Center/Product Showroom – Located at 3407 Cooper Drive in Elkhart. This showroom is located just a block behind the corporate office off of CR 6, between the Thor and Forest River displays. See all of the new and exciting OEM and Aftermarket products displayed in a 2,500 square-foot Design Showroom. From 8-10 a.m. each day of open house, LCI will serve breakfast and coffee and give tours of this state-of-the-art facility. See new and exciting leveling products, the new Flow Max line of fresh water pumps and galley accessories, the Solera Universal awnings and accessories and the new SolidStep, just to name a few.
2. Technical Training Center – Located at 408 S. Byrkit in Mishawaka and only about 15 minutes from the main Open House displays. This facility will show you and your team the investment the company is making into training dealers across North America. In 2017 alone, the company will train more than 5,000 dealer technicians, both in-house and regionally around the country. Join the company for a tour of its new training facility, speak with the technical training group, explore the tools that are available to your dealership and find out how to get your service team on the schedule. The Training Center will be open Monday through Thursday of Open House week from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
3. Aftermarket Customer Support and Distribution Center – Located near South Bend International Airport at 1902 W. Sample Street in South Bend and about 30 minutes from the main Open House displays. This 537,000 square-foot facility is the hub of the Aftermarket business and houses a state-of-the-art Call Center, the Customer Service Teams, Sales, Warranty, Technical Publications, Aftermarket Management Teams and the Distribution Center for all of LCI’s Aftermarket activities. This tour will give you the opportunity to not only see the resources that LCI has to support your dealership and customers but also the investment it is making to help ensure a positive customer experience. Tours will be available Monday through Thursday of Open House week from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Tour appointments for any of these three facilities can be made by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling your Aftermarket Sales Representative.